Participants regularly suffering from sleep problems, including difficulty initiating sleep, waking up frequently during the night and having difficulties falling back asleep, or waking up earlier than desired without being able to fall back asleep are wanted for a study investigating a new medication for sleep problems.
This study will involve 3 x 20-minute online visits (via Zoom) over a two-week period and daily online questionnaires (2-3 minutes), totalling approximately 2 hours.
At the first visit, baseline measures will be assessed and information about the study will be given. During the first week of the study, data about your sleep and general health will be collected. At visit 2 you will be randomly assigned to either the active medication or a no-treatment condition, followed by another week of data assessment and a concluding visit.
You may be eligible to participate in this study if you:
- are over 18 years old
- live in Australia
- are not taking prescription medications, besides contraceptive pills (these may influence your sleep
or interact with the medication at study)
- are not pregnant, trying to conceive, or breastfeeding
- have not received professional treatment for sleep problems in the last three months
- do not have an antihistamine, lactose, or beetroot allergy, or any other intolerances
- do not have a sensitive stomach or gastric problems (especially acid reflux)
- do not have abnormal/deficient kidney functioning or any other medical condition
Please note that the capsules themselves are made of gelatine and therefore are not halal or vegan.
How to participate