Fear and anxiety are natural responses to threat and uncertainty. These strong emotions may result in difficulty sleeping. The information below can help you get a better night's sleep amid the stress of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Getting Good Sleep and Cornonavirus
- Coronavirus and using CPAP treatment for Sleep Apnea
- Sleep and Emergency Services
- Preventing Chronic Insomnia
- Good Sleep Habits
- Sleep to boost your immune system
- Sleeping tips when staying indoors during isolation period
- Podcast: Coronavirus is influencing how we sleep
- Australasian Sleep Association updated guidelines on minimising infection risk for COVID-19
- What to do if you have COVID – easy guide for isolating and gateway to comprehensive FAQ info hub
- What are COVID-19 rapid antigen tests (RATs) and where can I buy them?
- How to prepare a kit to manage COVID-19 at home
- COVID-19 Symptom Checker tool – updated to help people understand their symptoms and know when to seek medical help
COVID-19 Restriction Checker
New Advisory Service - Healthdirect Australia
The Australian Government Department of Health has recognised a need to assist health workers helping people with disabilities through COVID-19, establishing a COVID-19 Health Professionals National Disability Advisory Service.
Healthdirect Australia has been engaged to manage the helpline on behalf of the Australian Department of Health.
The Advisory Service provides specialised advice regarding the care of a person with disability diagnosed with COVID-19 or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. Some people with disability may become very anxious in these situations and require reasonable adjustments to their healthcare to ensure they receive, either COVID-19 testing or treatment, with minimum distress. Specific support may be required to address communication and management issues, such as behaviours of concern and the reduction of risk to the patient and staff involved in the process.
Calls to the Advisory Service will be answered by health professionals with disability service qualifications and experience working with people with disability.
Health professionals can call the service on 1800 131 330 from Tuesday 7 July 2020. It is available between 7am – 11pm (AEST) 7 days a week.
The helpline will be available for a six week trial, at which point it will be assessed on based on utilisation and future need.
Healthdirect Covid19 Symptom Checker